Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So my blogging ambition has started to wain...

I still can't figure out how people pop these things out every single day. The last 4 or 5 days, I've said to myself, "maybe I should update the blog" and then I refuse to do it.

Big game tonight...the B League Leesburg Cardinals trying to run their record to 6 and 0 on the year. We take on the Leesburg Giants coached by long time youth league coach Clyde Sexton. To show you how long Clyde has been around, I played against his teams...20 years ago, and he was on the sidelines long before that. The matchup tonight is at Freedom Park, on Clyde Sexton Field (my grandfather has a baseball field that's named after him right in the same complex). Now let me ask you this...how is it, that we can be playing on a field named after a man, against a team coached by said man, and our squad is the home team. Something's not right about that!

No Favre outrage today, though it may surface later in the week. I don't know if I can take anymore of the constant "Favre is great, Farve is God, Farve cured me of my leprosy" talk that the announcers spit out, EVERY...SINGLE...WEEK. Hopefully we'll see him go out the way he deserves; throwing 5 picks against the Giants/Eagles/Saints to lose a shot at the Super Bowl. Come to think of it, that would be a lot like the last time he went out.

1 comment: